Monday, February 15, 2010

My Weight Loss Journey

Welcome to 19 hours = Freedom! I wanted to set up this blog so that I could keep track of my weight loss journey, for myself and for any others who are looking for a new lifestyle rather than a new diet!

I have been dieting for many years and have struggled with my weight since I became an adult. I love food, especially sweets and my weakness has always been snacking. In January this year I decided that it was time for me to stop the yo-yo dieting and get on board with a new lifestyle! That is how I found Fast-5!

Fast-5 is a lifestyle created by Dr. Bert Herring. You can view his website through the link on the right hand side of this page. He wrote a book about the lifestyle and you can download it for FREE on his website, yes FREE!



Dr. Herring came up with an amazing way of eating that has saved me from dieting! Basically, you eat only during a pre-set 5 hour "eating window" during the day, and fast the rest of the time, about 19 hours including about 8 hours of sleeping. Any window of time during the day is ok, just choose the time period and stick to it. This puts your body into a "fat burning state" because fasting allows the insulin and leptin levels in your body to fall to baseline levels and stay there for a longer period of time. This allows the body to use up the fat stores we have for fuel.

 


Since I started this new way of eating in January 2010 I have "released" 18Lbs of fat!

This is the easiest thing I have ever done! The first few days were a struggle as I got used to the feeling of fasting. Now that my body has adjusted, I feel better than I have felt in years! I have TONS of energy during the day and I rarely feel any hunger pain now in my fasting period.

The best part of all of this is that I never feel deprived. Feeling deprived was the number one reason that diets never worked for me long term. I always craved and wanted the things that I was not allowed to have. I would watch others around me eat the foods I loved, I would not be able to eat out with friends or enjoy the treats that others always had to offer.

With the fast-5 lifestyle you can eat what you want. Anything you want. NO food is off limits. Of course you don't want to binge and eat donuts all day. But, if you want a donut, have a donut! No measuring, no counting, no planning, no expensive grocery bills, no powders, no pills, NO DIETING!



Fast-5 has given me FREEDOM.

1 comment:

Related Posts with Thumbnails