Saturday, April 24, 2010

Opening up


Yesterday I had a girl ask me to tell her about my new eating lifestyle. At work she had heard me talking about it here and there and she had seen my transformation so far. She asked me to tell her more about it because she was interested in finding a way to release the extra pounds she couldn't get rid of no matter what she did.

This was the first time someone had asked me about Fast 5 in a positive way. It wasn't because she was shocked at what she had heard and wanted to know about this "crazy diet". It wasn't because she wanted to know how in the world I did that or what was wrong with me that I was willing to "starve myself".



She was genuinely interested and wanted advice on how she could have some success in her weight loss journey. Aside from this blog, that is the first time this has happened and it felt really, really good.

It gave me more confidence in my lifestyle choice and solidified my efforts, in a way. We talked for a while and I found that I do know a good deal about this lifestyle now and what it has to offer and can speak about it with confidence. She was very perceptive and interested. After we spoke, she said that she was going to use elements of Fast 5 in her life to try to release these pounds. She wants to stop eating at a certain time of night, after dinner and fast until morning.

I think that is what is so great about Fast 5. It is not a plan that you have to follow completely in a certain way with certain foods and weigh in meetings, etc. There is no red light or green light foods, no foods for certain blood types or foods that can't be eaten together. You just understand the concept, adapt it to fit your life, and that's it. It is a tool that you incorporate into your lifestyle to make it easier to restrict the amount of calories you consume, without having to actually know how many calories you eat.



You can fast a few times a week for 18-24 hours, you can stop eating at a certain time of night, you can fast every day for 19 hours, you can fast every other day, you can have your eating window any time you want, you can move your eating window a few times a week, the options are endless. All the while, you can eat the foods you love, you can eat until you are full, you can enjoy life and be healthy.

19 hours = Freedom

1 comment:

  1. It's such a good feeling to share our experience with the "real" world. Very exciting!! I love eating this way because of what you wrote, "t is not a plan that you have to follow completely in a certain way with certain foods and weigh in meetings, etc. There is no red light or green light foods, no foods for certain blood types or foods that can't be eaten together. You just understand the concept, adapt it to fit your life, and that's it". Now that I am closer to goal, I'm more flexible with my eating. I do best during Monday - Friday and I've learned that "it's okay". That's what works for the Mom and Wife. What works for one, might not work for anyone else. Flexibility is key! Love ya girl. You're a i-fasting super woman!!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails