Tuesday, June 1, 2010

I can't do that because...


I CAN'T DO THAT BECAUSE...

That is one of the most common phrases I hear in reaction to me telling people about my lifestyle and the way I eat incorporating intermittent fasting into my life.

"I can't do that because...I get WAY too hungry if I skip a meal. I would be starving all the time."

Well, I also used to think this way and I also had INTENSE hunger pains when I didn't eat for a few hours. That goes away when you incorporate fasting into your routine. For me, hunger a NON ISSUE with intermittent fasting. It is a distant, mild sensation that is easily forgotten and easily quenched with a cup of tea or glass of water. I NEVER think of breaking my fast because of hunger, if I ever think of eating when I should be fasting, the want for food is usually in my head, not my stomach. In fact, the intense hunger pains that I used to get were not hunger at all. They were withdrawal.

From: http://www.enotalone.com/article/3249.html

It is our unhealthy tendency to eat without experiencing true hunger that contributed to our becoming overweight to begin with. In other words, to have become overweight in the first place, appetite, food cravings, and other addictive drives that induce eating have come into play. Poor nutrition induces these cravings (addictive drives), and nutritional excellence helps normalize or remove them. My experience with thousands of patients following my healthful, high-nutrient eating plan is that most of these people no longer get the discomfort that they formerly mistook for hunger. Even when they delay eating and get very hungry, they no longer experience stomach cramps, headaches, or fatigue accompanying their falling blood sugar. They merely get hungry and they enjoy this new sensation of hunger in the mouth and throat, which makes food taste better than ever. Many of my patients have told me they enjoy this new sensation; they like being able to be in touch with true hunger and the pleasure of satisfying it.
"I can't do that because...It isn't healthy."

Oh yeah? Well tell this guy that!

"I can't do that because...I NEED food in the morning."

My mom always told me that even as a baby I would SCREAM until I was fed in the morning. I have always been that way. My eyes would open and I would be STARVING! If you asked me a  year ago if I could do a diet where I didn't eat breakfast I would have said the same thing, I can't do that because... Well, look at me now. If I can do it...


My advice to anyone who is reading this and thinking, "Well, I can't do that because..." just try it. How do you know you can't do something that you have never tried?


2 comments:

  1. Great post! I too have heard those comments over and over these last four years of living this type of life style..and look AT me now! Like you, when the 'hunger' is calling, I will grab a glass of water, or a coffee, which usually helps those 'hunger' calls stop.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very nice post and pics! I am happy it works for you.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails